My Week in Review: What the F*ck is Going On Edition
1. Remember that time I said I was going to blog more? Yeah. Good job self.
2. This is what it looks like outside. Apparently I live Beyond The Wall in the Lands of Always Winter* (it is APRIL btw).
3. I think I have finally broken out of my creative rut. IT ONLY TOOK ME TWO YEARS.** Maybe all I needed to do was rearrange/organize my work space to make it more conducive to being productive, or maybe I just needed to wait out this out like you would a cold, I don’t know.
4. Lately I’ve been really into Zola Jesus.
*Game of Thrones reference, because I am a dork.
**This may or may not be accurate.
My Week in Review: The Lazy Edition
1. I colored my hair. A week ago. I also don’t have a picture to show you, so you’re gonna have to take my word for it.
3. It’s been a slow week.
My Week in Review
Technically today is the start of a new week , but I forgot to post this yesterday, so I am posting it today. Happy Sunday!
1. I found out that my Alma Mater is closing, and I think I might have a rage stroke. :|
2. I started reading This is How: Help for the Self… by Augusten Burroughs (he’s a favorite, can you tell?) and I find it quite fitting (please see #1).
3. I have been listening to this song non-stop. Also kind of fitting? Maybe?
4. I picked up these little dark chocolate cover gingerbread w/fruit filling “dominos” at my local Eastern European delicatessen (as one does) and they are so DELICIOUS. I am trying not to eat them all at once, but that is proving difficult.
ETA: I told everyone to have a happy day, then I mention sad things, I’m sorry. Please do have a good day!
The Thoughts I Thought When the Unforeseen Happened
Today I found out that my Alma Mater, the College of Visual Arts, is going out of business.
Closing? Shutting down? Ceasing to exist? I don’t really know the proper terminology for when a college closes its doors.
So many of my friends from CVA have expressed their hurt, anger, dismay, sorrow, etc. at the school’s closing. So, instead of adding to the pile of feelings, I will instead provide you with a list of my thoughts that I thought when I learned of the school’s coming closure. These thoughts are in a rough order from when they were thought.
Does Jamie know?
Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus that I have already graduated.
I feel terrible for the students who aren’t going to have a chance to graduate.
I should have gone to Pratt.
I should have gone to a State school!
On a scale from 1 to 10, how embarrassing would it be to explain to a potential employer that the college you say you graduated from doesn’t exist anymore?
It would be a 15.
I should probably get my transcripts.
Shit. I’m going to have to start paying when I go to the Walker.
Well. I GUESS I won’t be auditing a class there anytime soon.
I actually didn’t go to a REAL school, did I?
This is just so…random.
So long CVA, and thanks for those four years.